Friday 9 October 2009

Volunteering

Im now back being a regular hospital volunteer. Ive been doing some meeting a greeting which basically involves pointing people in the right direction or if they look like they won’t be able to find their way ie older people taking them down to where they want to be. Now im the sort of person that managed to miss multiple 30foot motorway signs for Hexham however I didn’t realise until I ended in Morpoth a good few miles further north.

I haven’t managed to get anyone lost yet. This week I took a parcel collector (blonde moment and I can’t think of a better way of putting it) down to a ward to collect what I thought was going to be a simple letter. Uh huh I thought wrong but it was actually quite good.

The parcel was 8 boxes of donated medical supplies to a clinic in Pakistan I didn’t realise medic over here were able to get so involved in medicine in poor country and it is defiantly something I can see myself doing in the future. I really take my hat off to the medic who is organising it.

A funny if stupid video

No comments: