Wednesday 2 September 2009

Application - GEM

Well its time I started to think about where I want to go for my med degree or more realistically where im likely to get a place considering my Alevels grades!

Over the next few months we will be travelling to a lot of the universities that offer GEM (Graduate entry to medicine). Ill try and write up a small bit on each one as I go along. For now ive looked through all the prospectuses and am thinking long the lines of

Newcastle GEM
Newcastle 5Year
Nottingham GEM
Warwick GEM

Im a northern lass born and bred so would love to stay up here shame our local med school is so competitive. The 5year course is also an insurance grads are systically alot more likely to get an offer on the 5yr course than GEM due to their being alot more 5yr places.

1 comment:

AJ said...

hey there. I have been following your blog for quite a while now and well i am looking into GEM too. I am currently going to start my Biochem degree, and i was just wandering, would it be a requirement for the GEM to ask for an A in chemistry a level? Because my grade is a B in chemistry and i dont know whether that is acceptable or not - both for GEM and undergraduate medicine? Is more emphasis put upon your degree class or a level grades? Thanks